Monday 22 November 2010

"E" for EMBOSS

Another think I always wanted to do at LCC. It's so cool. I think adding a texture to designs is a good idea.
My classmates and I managed to organized a tutorial on embossing so now the techniques is much clearer to me. As for the project I asked 10 students what do they have in their pockets and these four objects were most common so I decided embossed them. Because these things were 3D object which would be really hard to put under the press I had to make a solar plate first. First I had to take a pic of my objects retouched them in photoshop and illustrator and then print them out on an acetate . After that exposed it on a solar plate for about 60 second. For the best result is recommended to leave the solar plate to dry out over night after exposing and a gentle wash.
Now I was ready for embossing! I put all objects in the book and embossed the title. For the title I laser cut the letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment